Head of Department
Toby is an experienced private client solicitor focused on delivering the advice clients need quickly, effectively and affordably. Toby has over ten years’ experience in advising individuals on a wide range of personal taxation, financial planning, wills, probate, and power of attorney matters.
Toby’s practical approach and ability to frame technical advice in a manner understandable by all has consistently won the respect of colleagues and clients alike.
Prior to joining Thomas Mansfield in 2019, Toby was Head of Private Client for a regional firm across London and the South East. Before that, he had ten years of legal experience in London, first at a highly regarded Legal 500 firm in Holborn, then a specialist boutique firm in Marylebone.
- Inheritance tax mitigation and tax planning across generations.
- Will drafting – whether simple mirror wills for couples to benefit the immediate family, or technically complex wills for high net worth clients involving tax-efficient clauses, will trusts or associated tax-planning advice.
- Trust advice – on setting up Trusts for personal or tax reasons, running trusts on an ongoing basis, advising trustees on tax and practical issues, and winding up trusts.
- Estate administration – advising executors and families on what to do after someone’s death, the administration of estates, obtaining a Grant of Probate, post-death tax saving advice for families, and all the practical issues arising.
- Powers of Attorney – drawing up Lasting Powers of Attorney and all the associated advice, as well as advice on Enduring Powers of Attorney, specific powers of attorney and general powers of attorney.
- Court of Protection advice – appointing Deputies and applications to the court regarding a wide range of issues.
- Property advice – on how best to own property for tax reasons, jointly owned property, declarations of trust in relation to property, foreign property, investment property portfolios, property owned by trusts and taxation in relation to property.
- The Law Society
- The Private Client Section of the Law Society
“I found Toby communicated what my wife and I needed, why we needed it (for the children), and the best means to deliver the outcome we required. We also discussed other matters I was not even aware of and am very grateful he bought these topics up as they are very relevant and important. Would recommend without hesitation.”