Simple Lasting Powers of Attorney Offer
What is a simple Lasting Power of Attorney?
A Simple Lasting Power of Attorney will allow you to appoint one Attorney and one replacement Attorney to manage your affairs when you are no longer able to do so yourself. You can read more information on our Lasting Power of Attorney page.
What is the cost of simple Lasting Power of Attorney?
- For a single application* – £350 plus VAT.
- For a double application* – £500 plus VAT.
- For four applications* – £650 plus VAT.
*Applications can include a single or double application for:
- A Property and Finance Lasting Power of Attorney
- A Health and Welfare Lasting Power of Attorney
The Office of the Public Guardian charge a fee of £82.00 to register each Lasting Power of Attorney which will be payable in addition to the fees stated above.
What does the offer include?
The offer includes:
- A telephone call or Zoom meeting to discuss your circumstances.
- We can sign as your certificate provider to confirm that you have the relevant mental capacity to make the Lasting Power of Attorney and that you are not under any undue pressure or influence but in order to do so we would require a virtual or face-to-face meeting.
- Drafting the Lasting Power of Attorney(s)
- Registering the Lasting Power(s) of Attorney and providing you with one certified copy.
- Free storage of the original document
What the offer does not include:
No provisions or restrictions would be included. This means that the Lasting Power of Attorney, once registered, can be used by you and your attorney(s) immediately.
A simple Lasting Power of Attorney will assume that:
- You are happy for your Attorney(s) to use the Lasting Power of Attorney as soon as it has been registered.
- You do not wish to restrict how the Attorney(s) act on your behalf
- You do not wish to place restrictions as to when the Attorney(s) act on your behalf
- You do not wish to include provisions as to how your Attorney(s) should manage your property and finances
If you wish to include any of the above or have more complex requirements, please see our standard Lasting Power of Attorney service.
Discount on drafting a Will(s)
Any client who instructs us on a Simple Lasting Power of Attorney is eligible for a 20% discount on our standard Wills services.
This excludes our Simple Wills service which is already discounted.